Micro Water Separator MFC50 Water Filter (max 80hp)
How does the Micro-Separator work?
The Micro-Separator makes use of a cleaning process based on two well-known principles: centrifugal force and coalescence; first the incoming fuel is forced into a rotary motion through conductor plates to the bottom compartment. In this first cleaning phase the speed of the fluid is brought back to a minimum and water drops and other heavier parts are separated from the fuel, without causing an emulsion The separated pollution and the water are collected at the bottom of the separator until these are drained.
In the secondary phase, the fuel runs through three ceramic elements, the “coalescor”. Eventual remainders of pollution and the water drops ‘unite’ in this phase and are fed back to the bottom of the Separator.
The fuel which is now clean and pure again will ignite better and improves the efficiency and reliability of the engine. The Micro-Separator must be mounted between the fuel tank and the fuel filter and is therefore the first line of defence for the fuel system.
Symptoms which will tell you, that mounting a Micro-Separator is a must to protect your installation:
Diesel fuel spreading a sulphuric smell (smell of rotten eggs), fuel is dark coloured, ‘muddy’ and slimy, the engine is not responding immediately, corrosion in fuel tank and other components and/or fuel filters and fuel system is clogged.
– The MFC-50 is supplied with 1/4 hose tails for Ø 8 mm fuel hose and drain valve.
– Suitable for diesel engines from 10 to 80 hp (common rail engines max 50 hp)
– Dimensions filter housing 150 x 76 mm
– The filter is placed before the normal fuel supply
– Tests show that up to 99,99% of the free water is separated from the fuel.
– Collects all sludge (strings of bacteria) in the bottom part of the separator, thus preventing that this ends up in the diesel filter or engine.
– Filters out particles to a size of 75 µ (micron).
– No rotating parts
Once mounted, the Micro Separator will last an (engine) life time (comes with 5 year warranty!)
– No insert filters which need to be renewed.
– Filters out even sand and corroded particles, thus protecting the engine.
The fuel tank will continuously get flushed with clean fuel, which improves the condition of all of the fuel in the tank.
Product ID: 31608