Are you looking for a (part of or for a) impeller pump or cooling water pump? You’re good at AB Marine Service. We supply an extensive range. Search by brand or part and if you want to know something, feel free to contact us.
Electromagnetic Clutch Pumps (11)
Impeller pump cover gaskets (25)
Impeller Tools (2)
Engine Mounting Sets (3)
Biological Antifreeze (2)
Air Vents (1)
Electrical Impeller Pumps (2)
Impeller Pumps Engine Specific (214)
Impeller pump overhaul kit small (27)
Major repair kit (2)
Impeller Pumps Foot Mounted (26)
Buying an impeller
The impeller is an important part of the cooling system. An impeller rotates in the impeller pump, the rubbers of the impeller run against the edge of the impeller pump housing (cooling water pump). They create a suction force that draws in the water. The impeller should be replaced every few years and preferably removed during the winter break. Then the impeller will last longer. You can buy an impeller directly here.
Step-by-step instructions for cleaning or replacing the impeller (cooling water system for inboard motors)
Step-by-step instructions for replacing the impeller pump:
- Close the outboard valve.
- Open the pump housing cover (a round sealing plate). Some water may come out of the pump, but that is not a problem.
- Wet the gasket a little and take it out without tearing it.
- Remember the direction of rotation of the impeller.
- Remove the impeller.
- Check the pump housing for rubber fragments.
- Lubricate the impeller and gasket with acid-free petroleum jelly.
- Place the impeller and gasket back in the pump housing.
- Open the outboard valve, start the engine and check that cooling water is coming out.